The following position is currently still available at the SLI, and applications are invited for:
Communication & Documentation Specialist
- Qualification in any of the social sciences with a passion for communication, particularly written.
- Excellent command over written and spoken communication in English and Tamil.
- Capacity to sit through learning sessions and meetings, and being able to quickly generate meeting documents and summaries.
- Experience in filing, documentation and report writing
- Excellent working knowledge with various computer applications required to support these tasks; good command over different communication technologies.
- Capacity to maintain online status and updates of websites, blog, social media and groups through appropriate communication to various entities as detailed in the communication manual of SLI.
- Working with databases will be an added advantage.
- Love for detailed and systematic work
- Understanding and comprehension of the core area of SLI activity – rural livelihoods and sustainable development
- Alignment with the deeper values of sustainability
- A love for working with people of different backgrounds, cultures, languages.Team-playing attitude, empathy, open heart & mind.
- Ability to handle multiple demands under pressure; flexibility and a load of patience
- Responsibility for all communication with various stakeholders
- Managing correspondence & phone contacts
- Customised writing for various stakeholder groups
- Help in content writing, teaching materials and event-related communication material
- Facilitation of documentation (courses, events) and social research activities (incl. data collection)
- Work with graphic artists, web-designer, photo- & video professionals
- Organising and maintaining all files and reports of SLI
- Responsible for version control and other documentation processes and reviews
- Databases & lists: Courses & programmes, networks, team, resource persons, courses & participants, well-wishers, etc.
- Office assistance, and having curriculum support material ready for each of the programmes
- Managing calendars on- & offline
- Electronics maintenance
The remuneration will be at par with the government norms for an equivalent position (or a regular Maintenance for Aurovilians). If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please do send your CV with any additional details and two references to email@example.com .